Interesting stat number 1: A study by Ponemon in February of 2018 found that 80 percent of cybersecurity and IT experts anticipate a catastrophic data breach at their companies by 2021.
Interesting stat number 2: According to the Ponemon Institute, the average time for breach detection is 191 days, i.e. more than six months.
Interesting stat number 3: According to the Global Cyber Risk Perception Study by Marsh and Microsoft from February 2018, only 30 percent of businesses have a cyber defence plan.
Interesting question: If 80% of us know a breach is coming, and know it will be catastrophic, how come 70% Don’t have a plan to react to it?
Interesting questions to ask yourself:
- If my organization is currently being breached, would I even know?
- Could I detect it sooner than 6 months, if at all?
- Do I know who at my organization has access to what data?
- Do I have a plan to react to a breach?
- Who could I contact regarding Legal services?
- Who could I contact regarding PR services?
- Who could I contact regarding Forensics?
- Who could perform an incident Response?
- Do I have cyber insurance?
- If so, what does it cover?
- Have I thought of any of these questions or others like them?